I feel like I never really say anything on this blog. All I do is post pictures of my kids. Unfortunately here's another post without much to say but lots of photos.
On Christmas Eve we read the nativity story from Luke. I told Penny we could act it out and she assigned everyone in the family a part. She actually surprised me with her assignments because I thought for sure she'd make herself Mary and Ginger would be Joseph or something. Whenever they play house, Penny always gets to be the mommy and she makes Ginger be the daddy, which if you didn't know, is the less desirable role. As the angel, Ginger took her part seriously. She stood on the little chair with her arms out bringing tidings of great joy for some time.
Grandma and Grandpa pulled out the snowman bubble blower and the girls were in heaven while they waited for Christmas Eve dinner. As I look at this picture, it's seems so ridiculous that snowmen are associated with such a green Christmas.
Stephan's Grandpa Lovstedt is visiting his parents so we were able to get a photo with four generations of Lovstedt men.
Christmas morning was fantastic. The girls loved all their presents and I was embarrassed by how much they got. I swear next Christmas will be different.
We got to skype with my sister, Amanda, on her mission. I couldn't even e-mail on my mission and I swear it hasn't been that long since I was a missionary. She is happy and enthusiastic about the work.
Later on Christmas Day we went for a hike with my sister Juliann in the nearby Santa Monica Mountains. Juliann graduated from BYU this past year and moved to Southern California last month. Everything was so green and beautiful. Juli claims we only like having her around to take our pictures for us.
We went for another hike later during the holidays in the same area, except we made it all the way to a waterfall. It was just over three miles and Penny hiked the whole way. She even crossed the small river. Penny decided her and Ginger should both wear all pink. I'm sure the day will come when my kids wonder how I could let them out of the house in this. Ginger insisted on walking so we let her start out but then forced her into the backpack. Her little legs make her a slow hiker.
Another day during the holidays, we went sailing with some good friends. Stephan got a turn behind the helm. Doesn't he look like a salty sea captain with his beard? Ditte's dad was nice to let Stephan try it. It's so crazy to learn all the weird sailing terms. If only I could remember what they meant. Like "coming about." I think it means turning around, or something. I probably just made that up. Aside from some sea sickness, it was a beautiful day. We left Ginger and Jake home and had a fun day with only Penny. The sun was setting as we cruised back into the harbor.
9 comments:
I love all the pictures! So fun to not have to deal with wet cold snow! Sailing in Dec? I can't even imagine how fun that would be.
These were great photos! I loved the photos from the nativity. Your kids are so cute.
You got to go sailing?! I REALLY want to do that. Minus babies. Isn't it funny how simple life seems when you're down a couple of kids? Your nativity pictures are cute. And I've asked my mom many times why she let us wear certain things or have our hair a certain way...now I get it! Some things just aren't worth the battle.
You and Stephan make a very authentic-looking Mary and Joseph with your dark hair and Stephan's beard. Great pictures!
i always love your posts, even if they are mostly pictures! (i am opposite...mine are too wordy!) I am insanely jealous of your wonderful weather. I am so sick of the cold and snow that I could scream! I'm wishing for spring. Glorioius, warm spring. :)
I just got stuck in our retarded car in snow and had to call Greg to rescue me. So, does that mean I need like a hula bubble blower or something since we're going for opposites?
You have to admit that you suddenly have a burst in the number of good family pictures since I've been around. But I'm happy to do it. I still can't get enough of little Ging as the angel harrolding good news. She is so funny. Man, sailing looks fun. Too bad I have a job now or we could do cool things all the time. Oh well. I suppose a job is why I came here.
I love photo piles!! Your family is adorable! I've been sailing before and it was awesome! Granted it's probably even better on the ocean versus lake Grapevine! I love the nativity photos! The girls look so happy!!
I haven't seen your blog in forever. Your kids are so cute and little Jake does have the cutest smile. Glad things are going well!
Post a Comment