Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hiking Sycamore Canyon with the Fam


One of the best things about living here is our fantastic weather. Last weekend was beautiful so we went for a family hike in Sycamore Canyon with Grandma and Grandpa. Not many leaves change colors during the fall so it was fun to be in the canyon where we could see some yellow leaves. I know, I know. It's December and our "fall" is finally here. 

We're having crazy, rainy weather today so don't be too jealous all you family in freezing places. Although you're all probably having snow so maybe you're jealous of our rain. 


Grandma was trying to get Penny and Ginger to smile naturally for the photo so she was telling them an interesting story. Ginger paid no attention to the story and gave her cheesy, typical smile while Penny got too sucked into the unusual details of Grandma's story.

 

Ginger, like her Grandpa Keller, loves examining and collecting rocks. She is always filling her pockets with rock treasures.


How can you resist Jake's smile?! He's still mostly my favorite child. We can't get enough of this kid.


Grandma's two new knees did a fantastic job while she was hiking. Penny and Ginger love that Grandma can go for hikes with us again. 


Grandpa surprised us with some delicious chocolate covered peppermint oreos and that's how we got the girls to pose for the picture. There's not much you can't get a Lovstedt girl to do for some chocolate.  

8 comments:

Kathryn Keller said...

What a fun trip and what amazing pictures! I can't believe how big and beautiful your kids are these days. Jake is growing up so fast! I love you guys!

Tennille and Nathaniel said...

Your kids are absolutely adorable...I mean, you probably already know that, but is always good to hear. I miss nice weather, enjoy yours!

Julie said...

Very fun! Jealous of hiking, spending time with the Grandparents and of course the mint oreos. Maybe someday we'll live closer.

Ashley said...

You guys are the cutest. I can't believe those girls are so grown up! We're REALLY bummed we can't come see you for new years. Love you so much! Merry Christmas!

dani and fam said...

Cute pics! I am SO jealous of your weather. I HATE the snow! Also, does the chocolate comment include you these days, too? How very different from the old Marnie!

Ditte said...

Love the pictures. I also like your's and Stephan's side bar picture. You both look really good!

Kat and Steve said...

Oh, fun! The top picture of the girls is priceless. That must have been a great story Stephan's mom was telling. And is it just me or did Penny grow up a whole bunch all of a sudden? I love your sidebar pics. Have those been there for a while?

Mom and Dad said...

It was a fun hike! It was so funny that we could not get Ginger to smile naturally. As soon as she saw the camera she did that weird facial expression. Sweet, but not her normal smile. Marnie got a bit frustrated trying to get her to stop. Didn't work. --