Sunday, March 6, 2011

Backyard photo shoot

We have lots of pictures of our children, but not many frame-able pictures. I've noticed that the girls aren't wearing pants in lots of our pictures, or they have crazy hair. I'll be honest, the girls hate having their hair done so unless it's a church day or preschool, I let them go free. It also feels so useless because Ginger will usually pull her hairdo out within the first hour so why even waste the time in the beginning, you know? I remember thinking that my little sisters always looked crazy because their hair was never done and I was in high school and embarrassed for them; but now I understand. It feels futile.

Anyways, I was trying to find a picture to frame of Penny and Ginger and we seriously had none of them both fully clothed and not looking homeless or too goofy. So, I took some pictures of them and couldn't believe how cute they looked with their hair done and in clean clothes.






8 comments:

amy said...

i love penny's dimples and the creases under ginger's eyes when she smiles. they are so cute! is that your backyard? because it's really pretty! and i totally hear you about the hair. if z's hair isn't pulled back she wipes food in it and twists it around her fingers until it's all knotted and dreaded. half of it is curly and half of it is straight, and it just looks crazy. i'm not good at doing hair anyway, so i feel bad for her. but when i put something in, as i rarely do, she pulls it out, and yes, it does feel FUTILE. you're my kindred spirit, you know that? we miss you guys. a lot.

Kelsey said...

Now you're making me feel bad for always asking my sister why she didn't do her daughter's hair. :) Super cute pics! I love Penny's cheesy grins.

Natalie said...

those faces are adorable! why is it that no kids this age can smile normal?... because really, whats the fun in that! and your backyard looks awesome!

Rebecca said...

Penny and Ginger are so cute. I still can't believe how much they are growing up. I wished we lived closer.

dani and fam said...

A couple of cute California girls! I laughed over your comment about hair...I remember one time being dropped off at Greathouse Elem for the bus and one of your little sisters started freaking out, "I forgot to brush my hair!" At the time I thought, "What a tragedy! I take my brush everywhere!" but now I totally get it :)

Cerina J. said...

Marnie, they are SOOOO CUTE!!! ADORABLE!! Your yard looks pretty sweet too and I have to say I LOVE the chairs they're sitting in! Where'd you get those?

Kristin said...

I love how cute those girls are together! I know they change quick as the wind, but when they are getting along nothing is cuter!! I had such a blast visiting you guys last month! My favorite time was in the mornings when they'd be sitting on the couch tweeting or making other wierd noises waiting for me to wake up. Then we'd cuddle under the blankets and tell stories and chat. It never lasted long, but I loved it!! You seriously have the cutest family!!

Kathryn Keller said...

Oh my gosh Marnie I cannot believe how big and beautiful your children are! They are sooo big now. And the most beautiful girls ever! I miss my beautiful nieces!