Friday, October 3, 2008

Beach babes

We took the girls to the beach yesterday. We figured Ginger should get acquainted with the sound of the ocean early on in life. Some say crashing waves sound like the inside of the womb so hopefully she liked that. I always wonder how they know what the womb sounds like anyways. We went with some friends who had their baby the day before us, Jeremy and Ditte. Stephan and Jeremy went surfing for a bit while we breastfed the babies. Their son Wyatt and Penny, who happen to have the same birthday but a year apart, played in the sand. The weather was perfect and it reminded me why California is a great place to live.

13 comments:

Amy said...

Did you seriously only have that little girl a week ago? You look amazing!

Rachel said...

ok, i really hate you now. You look AWESOME. You are seriously amazing to to not only look that good, but feel good enough to go out a week from when you had a baby. You are my new hero.

Marnie said...

Apparently I'm made to have children. My pregnancy and delivery went great. The delivery nurse said my body was made to do this. It's not the coolest thing to be proud of but it's something.

Kat and Steve said...

Marnie, you look awesome! Sure you didn't adopt that little girl? You just look too good. Glad you guys had fun.

LeAnne said...

Great blog! Thanks for letting me know about it. And I agree with everyone else...you look amazing!

Rebecca & Jeff said...

Congrats! When we left for the summer I had no idea you were even pregnant! You look great! Isn't CA the best. We have only been back in Utah for a month now and we already miss it! hope all is well for you!

amy said...

You DO look great. And I think of all the things to have your body be made to do, having kids is probably the best option out there. Penny and Ginger are so cute. You have a family of four!!! I love it. And I love you! And I miss you so much. :(

Ann-Marie said...

You look fabulous and that is a great shot of everyone! I'm glad you're feeling up to going out and enjoying the wonderful weather you're having. Call me when you have the energy. I'd love to hear details.

Ditte said...

That is a great family picture! Who's your photographer! :) And you do look great. Having babies is a good talent. I wish I was a good at parenting!

Candace said...

Hi Marnie,

It is Candace. I just came across your blog. YOU LOOK AMAZING. I would have never guessed that you just had a baby.

marydalene said...

I'm so happy for you, Marnie. Congratulations on a beautiful addition to your family.

Natalie said...

what a cute family picture!!! i bet it it so nice to have ginger out in the warm weather already... definitely glad we won't be tackling november again. you look fabulous and so happy!

Jaimee said...

That is the greatest family picture you guys look awesome. I just came across your blog and I love that you have already had Ginger at the beach. Way to welcome her to Southern California.