Why is it that I can be swaying Ginger in my arms while standing and she peacefully falls asleep but the second I sit down, she wakes up? How can she tell that I've sat down? Especially when I'm doing the exact same thing with my arms sitting down that I was doing while standing. It seems like all babies are like this. I remember Penny driving us crazy. We'd get her asleep in our arms and then sit down and she'd instantly start stirring and making her annoyed grunts and squirms. Ginger does the same thing and it's driving me crazy. Even our fancy swing with its six speeds and 10 music/nature noise options, including a heartbeat sound, doesn't do the trick.
I know there are already tons of baby contraptions out there but if I could figure out how to imitate a standing parent holding a baby, I could make millions. It could be the next boppy or bumbo or bouncy chair. Everyone who has a baby has these items and my invention could be the next baby must-have that past generations some how survived without. So, keep your eyes open. Maybe one of these days you’ll see the human holder device for sale at Target next to the rainforest bath center and swing combo. I’d have to work on the name of course, no one would buy a “human-like holder.” It sounds freaky.
Despite all these inventions, I must say I'm glad I'm irreplaceable as a mother. And, as much as I may complain about having to stand with Ginger, I'd rather tend to her than some kind of freaky machine. It's humbling being a mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes..you definitly need to work on the name. Hugh lived in his swing. I really think that's why his head was so flat! :( It saved my sanity.
Post a Comment