Sunday, June 5, 2011

Penny the Graduate

Penny's part of a pre-school program at the high school and they had a graduation ceremony this weekend. Initially I was skeptical about a silly, little pre-school graduation. But I'll be honest, it was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Each of the high school students picked a pre-schooler and shared a few things about them. Penny's favorite teacher, Mac, said lots of nice things about Penny. Of course, I cried.

As they marched these little kids out onto the stage, Penny never smiled once. I don't know why she was so stoic. It's like she thought she needed to be serious while on stage. Even as Mac was sharing some funny inside jokes between her and Penny, Penny never cracked a smile. She just stood there all somber. Maybe she was nervous.  The ironic thing about Penny "graduating" from pre-school is that she'll be in the same program again this fall.

This is Penny and Ginger before the ceremony. Sometimes they really like each other.


This is Mac sharing some sweet things about Penny. 


It's almost like she's trying not to smile.
 
 Here's Penny looking at who knows what.

5 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

They have ACTUAL regalia! I am so impressed. Of course you cried! It's your job as her mom! :)

Julie said...

I'm laughing at how they all dressed up. Hilarious! She's a cutie. I guess it is good that you know she can hold the humor in if needs be. Now she has no excuse if you catch her being inappropriate at church.

Kat and Steve said...

Oh, that is so cute. I love that they have a real cap and gown! And as always, I love Penny. How funny that she was so serious. It would be fun to get inside her brain and find out what she was thinking that day!

Kat and Steve said...

Oh, that is so cute. I love that they have a real cap and gown! And as always, I love Penny. How funny that she was so serious. It would be fun to get inside her brain and find out what she was thinking that day!

Kristin said...

I love the awkwardness of her on the stage. It's so contradictory to what you'd expect from her. I can't wait to spend a few days with your family at our reunion next month! I love your kids!!