Friday, July 30, 2010

Welcome, Jake!


 Jake Mathias was born Wednesday! He has the same birthday as his Aunt Julie. He's really cute and sleeps a lot, for which we're grateful. He seems to be pretty mellow but it's hard to tell, newborns sleep so much anyways. His sisters love him, mostly. Penny is constantly begging to hold him but Ginger, on the other hand, tries to climb into my lap before I can get ready to feed Jake. Ginger gets this concerned look on her face whenever he cries and points excitedly at him. Penny likes to tell him to be brave while we're changing his diaper. It's very sweet.

We're all healthy and the delivery went fantastic, as far as deliveries go. I labored for a few hours at home in the early hours of the morning and then Grandpa came and got the girls at about 6:30 a.m. and we were to the hospital soon after 7 a.m. I had my epidural by 8:30 and then Jake was born at 10:23 a.m. July 28.

We can't believe he's here. It feels "all of a sudden," which probably sounds weird because we've had 9 months to get used to the idea. We've been so busy and distracted that the time has past incredibly quickly. Maybe it has more to do with this idea that the older we get, the faster time seems to pass.


Our first picture as a family of five! It's so crazy that I have three kids, am I really old enough?!

13 comments:

Alyx and Derek said...

Yay!! I was hoping you'd put some pictures up! He's darling!

emblair said...

Hey Marnie, congrats on your little guy! Sounds like you've got some great big sisters on your hands. :)

Kat and Steve said...

Ooooh, what a sweetie. He's very cute, as we knew he would be! Congrats to all of you! Take it easy, Marnie. We're thinking of you!

Lindsey said...

He's so precious! You look great. Congrats!

Cristin said...

No, you're not old enough to have 3 kids. :) Congratulations!

Tennille and Nathaniel said...

Congratulations, Marnie! He is so cute! I am so happy for you. I find myself surprised at times as well by the number of kids I have. It is so fun though to see them and how much they love each other. I'm glad you have your boy. That is so fun to have both. I love the pictures!

Wendy said...

YEA! We're so happy for you guys. It WAS really sudden... well, at least for us. We only knew you were pregnant for 4 weeks! Seriously Marnie, next time we need a little more heads up! Just kidding, I know you guys have been super busy. Your house looks great and your family is so cute! I love your girls and Jake is adorable. I'm happy that all is well with each of you!

dani and fam said...

can't help but smiling. Congratulations to you! loves and kisses to little jakie.

Kristin said...

Your family is the cutest ever!! Jake is adorable. And Penny looks so thrilled to be holding him! I love the thought of Penny telling him to be brave during diaper changes. What a great big sister!

Ann-Marie said...

You look great Marnie! I LOVED seeing your darling Jake. Who does he look like? He's so cute!

Kelsey said...

What a cute kid! He has really distinct facial features and looks a lot like you guys. How fun to have another boy in the family! Congratulations!

Ashley said...

You guys are a real family, I can't beleve it. Three kids? That's so crazy! Marnie, you look so good after having him too, so stunning. We're so happy for you guys.

Rachel C. said...

I wasn't planning on you having him yet! We just moved (to Pullman, WA) and just, just got internet (finally!) and there you are with a nearly three week old baby! Not allowed!!

With your hair all long like that you remind me of when we were freshman -- only with three kids! Congrats! And way to be early!