Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Never leave your child unattended.


It seems like most baby contraptions have this warning message somewhere on the packaging. I always wonder what sort of situation happened that required the manufacturers to put that message on their products. Like what sort of idiot parent left their child in a bumbo on a counter top unattended.

I don't consider myself a negligent mother but there are certainly times when I put Ginger in the high chair with some food on her tray and walk away to do something else. This time I totally forgot I'd left her in the high chair while I did something with Penny and this is what I found when I walked back into the kitchen. I guess I'm one of those idiot parents. She was being so quiet so I didn't notice that she'd finished her snack. Quiet children can never mean anything good.

Don't you love her huge gut, by the way?

9 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

So in this picture she totally looks like Penny! But over Christmas I thought they each had their own look. She's soooo cute--and YES, I love her gut!

Clay and Katy said...

love the gut :)

and i am amazed she didnt tip the highchair over standing on the tray...very tricky!!!

marydalene said...

Oh, Ginger, you're too cute. And that gut is totally awesome. Glad she didn't hurt herself with her little stunt.

dani and fam said...

so very cute :) so very excited for you to have more adventures like these!

Rebecca said...

Ginger is such a cutie. I think her gut is just the best. She is one lucky kido for not falling flat on her face.

Ashley said...

Her gut is the HUGEST!!! And cutest. What are you feeding that girl? We wish we could see you guys more often.

Kristin said...

What a cutie!! I think the gut balanced her out and kept her from falling! She is adorable! Isn't it amazing how close kids come to disaster some times but miraculously nothing happens? Love it!!

Mom and Dad said...

She seems to be saying "What's the big deal, Mom? It's just a new trick".

All we can say is "OHH MY GOSH!"

Sarah and Mark said...

That is so funny! We've had some very similar situations, and I think, "How are you able to do something like that so fast?" You are a great mom and have such cute girls!