Monday, November 30, 2009

November in photos

It seems like November was a busy month. Here's a bunch of random photos to illustrate the month for us. This is a long post so be forewarned.

Ginger and her Grandpa Lovstedt.

Ginger loves copying Penny in everything she does. It always makes me a little nervous.

A cute photo of the girls after Church. Ginger's tights are all nasty from crawling around on the dirty Church floors.


I went to my Grandpa Allsop's funeral in Washington. He was a great man. At least he's in good company up in heaven. I'm sure my mom was happy to have her dad around again.

Apparently my grandpa thought it'd be fun to have each of the grandchildren throw some dirt on his coffin at the cemetery as they were burying him. Here's my brother, Scott, posing with the shovel before the ceremonial dirt-throwing.

My mother's headstone. Her and my grandpa are buried in the same family plot at the Toppenish cemetery. It's always weird to think about my mom being dead. Especially looking at her headstone. It makes me think about the finality of death. But, on a hopeful note, it also makes me grateful for the Atonement in ways I never would have understood before her death.
My family at the funeral service. Me, Kristin, Ashley (Scott's wife), Scott, Amanda, Jake, Becca, her husband Jon, Juliann, Dad, Judy.

I turned 30. I feel like a real grown-up now.

As usual, the day after Thanksgiving, we went camping in the desert and Stephan rode his dirt bike with some buddies. It was freezing and it rained. Camping seems harder with a crawler. Ginger's 14 months and still not walking so she drove me crazy in the dirt and all the stickers. I think she looks like such a big girl sitting here with her real shoes on.

Despite hiding out in our friend's van during the rain storm, Ginger managed to give me some cute pictures. She gets more adorable all the time. I love her huge smile.


Sometimes Ginger's smile looks a bit goofy, like here, but she's still so freaking cute! How can you resist her chubby little cheeks?


Penny has turned out to be quite the little princess-wanna-be. She loves dressing up in her hand-me-down princess outfits and dancing to this one album, "Princess Tea Party." (Thanks, Julie!) Sometimes she'll lay down on the ground and pretend to be asleep and then tell me to be the prince and I have to come and wake her up with a kiss. It's hilarious. I don't know where she's even seen Sleeping Beauty. And, honestly, I never wanted a princess-y girl. She's turned into this all by herself.

12 comments:

marydalene said...

If you think having a 14-month-old not walking is annoying, try having a 17-month-old. Not sure what the hold up is, but she's taking her own sweet time. (And I hear you on the dirty tights -- every Sunday.) And I love Ginger's smiles. She and Penny are very cute.

Amy said...

Marnie, you are the cutest 30 yr old ever.

amy said...

i totally agree. marnie you are looking great! still makes me flattered people think we're sisters. also, z just BARELY started talking a few, very tentative, steps on her own. Glad she's not the only one! Hope i see you at christmas! when are you coming?

Rebecca said...

Well the girls are growing up so fast. I still can not believe how big Ginger is getting. I think it is hillarious that Penny is a wanna be princess and that her favorite color is pink. She difintely did not get that from you. Oh, and you can blame me for Penny seeing Sleeping Beauty. Last time we were all in Utah, Penny and I watched it. She enjoyed most of the movie, but the witch really did scare her.
It is crazy how much Ginger really looks like Penny in some of those pictures. They are just the cutest girls ever.
Marnie you look good as a 30 year old. I am so glad you finally feel like a real grown up since you do have two children and a husband with a real job. I would say that qualifies.

Wendy said...

Happy late birthday Marnie! I can't believe how big both your girls are. They're so cute! Norah and Penny would have been best friends, I'm sure. We're in the "princess" phase ourselves. She loves anything Cinderella or Snow White. It's fun to watch them grow up!

Jodee Luke said...

busy busy...you look so great in all of your pictures and yes i do just want to squeeze those chubby little ginger cheeks!

Kelsey said...

I bet I know where Ginger learned her silly smiles from...just keep scrolling to the next one of Penny! I hardly even know Penny, yet I feel like I REALLY know her b/c her personality comes through so strong in her pictures. They're both getting so big! Congrats on being 30...it makes 28 seem so young. :)

Kristin said...

Yay for pictures!! I love seeing my adorable nieces. Christmas will be so fun! I think it's hilarious that Aunt Becca is to blame for Penny's Sleeping Beauty obsession!! Welcome to your 30's! It's kind of wierd to be 30, you feel like there should be major changes or something, but really it's just more of the same!

enemyemily said...

Jeez, I can't believe you're 30. Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great one.

Julie said...

Marnie, your hair is looking great. I think you're going to be one of those people who looks better as they get older while others of us, hit our peak at like 17. Dang it.

dani and fam said...

love this post and loved seeing you while you were in WA :)

Natalie said...

there was awhile there when i thought penny and ginger looked like sisters but definitely had their own look- but not looking at these most recent shots of ginger- holy cow they look soooo much alike! totally cute. i love ginger in that cute hat in the van. glad she didn't decide to take a leap of faith off the high chair and give you a quick run to the dr! how did you have time to grab your camera!? so cute