Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy B-earth-day, Penny

(not to scale)


Three years ago Penny came to the earth. So I thought we could make her a cake shaped liked the earth in honor of that day. OK, I know the geoid is actually more like an oblate spheroid, but you get the idea. Notice the Sierra Nevada, Rocky and Andes mountains, and Hurricane Penny brewing in the Pacific off Hawaii. Antarctica and the Great White North are also on there, just not visible.


Birthday Girl


Grandma and Grandpa came over for a birthday dinner.


Ginger had a good time too.

9 comments:

Cristin said...

Nice cake and I love that picture of Ginger! HA! What a character.

Kat and Steve said...

Marnie, cute cake! I'm glad you mentioned that it's not to scale, because I was feeling overwhelmed for you making a to-scale earth cake. Really cute, though. Hope Penny had a fun birthday. And that is the darn cutest picture of Ginger, so photogenic!

Rebecca said...

So I just have to ask, who made the cake? Because I talked to Marnie yesterday and she said she was going to decorate the cake and now as I read Stephan's post it sounds like he decorated it. Either way the cake turned out really well, but I want to know who to give credit to. I am impressed with all of the cakes details.
Also your girls are the cutest girls ever. I can't believe Penny is three. She is growing up so fast.

Ann-Marie said...

Your girls are so darling! I LOVE the cake! Totally impressed.

Clay and Katy said...

How fun! Happy Birthday Penny!!! Love the cake!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

clouds are especially impressive. great job

Mom and Dad said...

Love the kids! Very creative cake, but do think for the sake of accuracy for future generations, you should have tried harder to make that geoid a more oblate spheroid. However, did check satellite weather for that day and the cloud patterns seem to be accurate.

Mom

Sarah and Mark said...

Your girls are so cute! I love the cake eating. Adriana didn't quite know what to do with hers.

Kelsey said...

I can't believe it's been 3 years! I was just reminiscing with Dave about those simpler days when you were pregnant with Penny and we would meet at the Glenwood pool on my lunch break.