Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Quality Taste Guarantee"


On the outside of my carrot cake mix it says, "With Carrot Flavored Pieces."

What does that mean? Are all the orange specks just some random food product dyed orange to mimic the taste and look of an actual shredded carrot? Is a real carrot so hard to include in a boxed cake mix? I guess that's what I get for not making carrot cake from scratch.

I found the following quote on Betty Crocker's website while looking for a picture:
Betty Crocker SuperMoist cakes are today's family tradition, for special occasions and those spontaneous celebrations when only "homemade" will do.

I guess since you make the cake mix at home it still counts as "homemade."

6 comments:

Kat and Steve said...

Eww, now you've got me wondering about the carrot pieces. That's mysterious.

Anonymous said...

Hey Marnie-1- you have to cutest little angel girls. I love how you can see their personality in pictures!! and 2 it's so funny that you mentioned the cake because that thing tastes like cardboard! We had some at a YW activity last week. It was pretty rough tasting! Seriously so yuck and crumbly. There is only one box mix that is decent. It had real raisins and dehydrated carrots in a separate pouch. Still nothing like when it's made from scratch!

The Chappells said...

and p.s. not to creep you out like some random person is stalking your kids...this is Jenny Allsop Chappell. that last "Jennifer" comment is mine! hahah I guess I was logged in with an old email. hahah sorry to scare you!

dani and fam said...

sounds delicious.

Cristin said...

Interesting. The other day I almost bought their pineapple cake until I realized there wasn't really any real pineapple in it. I was really disappointed.

amy said...

That's really funny! And interesting. And here all of this time I always preferred box-cake mixes over cakes from scratch. What have I been eating? :)