Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy girls



























Ginger is already four months old. She weighed in at more than 15 pounds, which puts her at the top of her weight class. How can you resist her chubby cheeks and that dimple on her right cheek?

Penny insists on holding Ginger's hand when they're sitting by each other. Ginger obviously doesn't understand how to hold a hand so it frustrates Penny. She's been interested in holding Ginger on her lap lately. It's hard for Penny's "hold" not to turn into a choke hold. Ginger inevitably begins leaning too far forward so Penny wraps both her hands around Ginger's neck to bring her back to safety. She likes to tell me, "Ginger all safe, Mom."

15 comments:

Jonathan and Rebecca said...

Oh man Ginger is such a cutie. I can't believe her head. It is so huge. She is getting so big.Penny is funny.I love the way she talks.

Jodee Luke said...

so cute! what a fun age!

Kat and Steve said...

Oh man, she's cute. She doesn't look much like Penny did though, except for the chubby cheeks. Love 'em.

Kelsey said...

Wow! You and Stephan have a knack for big babies! She looks so cute and happy. It looks like Penny is having a blast as big sister.

Grant and Stacy said...

I love that huge smile!

Debbie said...

Your girlies are absolutely adorable!! What fun!

Julie said...

Good job catching Ginger smiling. That is so hard to do when they're so floppy. It is crazy that she is growing up so fast. It seems like she was just born. She is a fatty but we love fatties and besides those cheeks are irresistible. She is such a tease because I would LOVE to squeeze her all up. It's getting warmer here (20's), when is the visit?

Ann-Marie said...

Marnie....they are soooo cute! Those cheeks must be kissed a million times a day! Do you think she looks similar to Penny? In that photo I wouldn't think so, but what do you think?

Kristin said...

Those are great pictures!! They both have such great smiles that light up thier faces. I love Ginger's one dimple! Thats great that Penny loves being a big sister!

Carlie said...

She IS a cute little fat girl! Dylan has that same dimple-I love it!

Debi Lassen said...

Just found your blog from Ditte's! Lovin' it! Such a cute family. We have a special place in our hearts for Penny!

taffy said...

Cute girls Marnie

Candace said...

I love the pictures. Ginger is such a happy, good baby. It does look like Penny is choking her, but Ginger looks so happy.

Katie said...

I haven't written you for a while, I love your new picture on your blog! Your kids are getting really big! We miss you guys here but it looks like your having tons of fun there!

emblair said...

MARNIE!!! I've been trying to track you down for a few years now to get back in touch! I've missed you. Your family is completely adorable, and it looks like you guys get to have lots of fun living in CA. So glad you came across my blog and that you have one too...now we can stay in touch better! Yay!