Ginger turned 2 a week or so ago. I swear she was just born. I think Penny was more excited about her birthday than Ginger was. Penny kept clapping and singing "Happy Birthday" all day to Ginger. Then, when it came time to blow out the candles, Penny couldn't stand it. After Ginger's failed attempt the first time to blow them out, Penny jumped up in her chair and blew them out before Ginger could even try again. Fortunately Ginger just clapped excitedly, she didn't care who blew out the candles.
Her birthday was on a Sunday so I tried to get some cute pictures of the girls before we left for Church. These are the best I got.

Later, we had a little birthday celebration. Stephan made a hunormous (that's Penny's word for huge and ginormous) sea urchin birthday cake. A little random for a 2-year-old's birthday but I guess it's similar to the b-earth day cake he made for Penny's birthday last year. Not many children can say their dads decorate their birthday cakes.
(These last two photos were taken with a film camera so they're a bit grainy. Who knows how old the film was.)
7 comments:
Great pictures! I love that the last look like they are from the 80's just because it's not digital. The one of Ginger on her Grandma's lap looks just like you at that age. And I love the one of the girls cheesing it up while sitting on the couch!
Your girls are soooo darling! Happy Birthday Ginger! And talk about a cool cake!!!
The picture of Ginger with grandma lovstedt looks like an old picture of you when you were a kid. we love you!
I love the matching dresses and cheesy grins. Your girls have spunk, you can tell just in the pictures.
I agree about the cake thing, not many kids can say their Dad decorates the cakes, and Stephan does an awesome job!
Penny and Ginger are so cute. Are those the same dresses they wore a year ago at Scott and Ashley's wedding. If so, that is impressive they still fit.
love you guys
The pictures look sort of timeless. I like it. And I ESPECIALLY like that Stephan decorates their birthday cakes. It makes me laugh to think about what Steve would come up with if he attempted that.
If hunormous = huge + ginormous, then doesn't that mean it really equals huge + gigantic + enormous? LOVE the sea urchin b-day cake!
Post a Comment