Sunday, December 14, 2008

Some recent stuff

So Marnie gave me the assignment to make a new blog post that had "something cute". I'm picking up her slack until she gets some blog momentum back. How about a little random update, non-chronological:

1) Went Dirt biking after Thanksgiving in California City with the fam and some friends. Penny loved riding the little dirtbikes with me and would sit on them and make motor noises with her mouth. She looks pretty serious in the pictures, but she was loving it. Marnie loved driving our friend's buggy. I told her she can buy one.





























2) We blessed Ginger at church while Marnie's siblings were in town. My mom made Ginger's white dress for the occasion. Ginger didn't cry during the blessing like Penny did. In general Ginger is a better baby than Penny was. Penny was an angry baby. Ginger doesn't scream or puke as much.



















3) Ginger is really fat and learned how to smile. I just commented that "Hi Ginger" is probably the most commonly used phrase in our house these days. Penny says it all the time in a cute little, I'm talking to a baby voice that Marnie and I must use also.





























4) Seems like this month someone visited us every weekend. It was fun having visitors. I doubt this would have happened had we moved to Peoria, IL. We had enough visitors to have visitor statistics. For example if you visit us the chances of being seriously injured are relatively low at about 6.7%. Our little (800 sq ft) apartment was pretty much wall to wall beds.

11 comments:

Paul W. Nash said...

After watching that hilarious sea kayaking video, I would think the percentage would be a little higher than 6.7%....

amy said...

I'm really glad you updated your blog, I must say. And stephan did a really good job. Nice blend of pictures and stories. Well done. I like your swoopy bangs, too, marnie. Are you guys coming to utah for christmas? I miss you. Jimmy and I sit and talk sometimes just about how we miss you. Because we really, really, really do. You are our favorites. And by the way, I love ginger's smile!!!! she is so cute! and penny looks pretty mischievous in that picture where you blessed ginger. oh and by the way we havent blessed z yet. we're doing it on the 28th. i hope we see you soon. like i said, we. miss. you.

Kat and Steve said...

I'm impressed that you put something on your blog, Stephan. Steve is yet to contribute to ours. Your kids are darn cute. Wish we could come and add to your long list of visitors, because we totally miss you guys!

Grant and Stacy said...

Dirt biking in Cal City, huh? Grant grew up in a neighboring city from Cal City called Boron! Do you guys have family there?

Wendy said...

Hey Marnie, it's Wendy. It's been a while since I've posted, sorry. I just want to tell you how cute you look. I LOVE your hair... so cute! It's weird seeing you with two kids. I still picture you with only Penny. We're going to CA tomorrow for two weeks and I wanted to come see you guys if you were in town. I know Christmas time is busy so if you have plans already, don't worry about. I just thought it would be fun to catch up and let the girls play. I hope you guys have a great holiday!!!

Rachel said...

Ginger's smile is adorable. I agree with everyone else your haircut is super cute as well.
Hilarious that you have statistics of injuries...
Good post Stephan!

Kelsey said...

We would visit you if you lived in Peoria...

This Place is a Disaster! said...

ELder! It's strange to see you so down to earth! I never thought that you were like that!!!!!!

Jonathan and Rebecca said...

so i hope Marnie gets in the blog spirit again because i always check to see if you have added new posts. Ginger is such a cutie. I wish she was smiling like that when we were there.

Ditte said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad we don't have to visit anymore, but are practically neighbors! Marnie, you look great in that blessing picture and your Christmas one.

trine k said...

Hey Marnie, I didn't even realize till just now that you guys had a blog again, I love it! You look so beautiful in this picture, hot mama. Your whole family looks great! We miss you guys but I'm glad you are loving CA!