Overall, I think Halloween was pretty confusing for Penny. She didn't understand what she was supposed to do on people's door step. She would say "trick-or-treat" only when prompted. A few of the houses scared her so bad she cried until we left that house. She didn't like the smoke and people jumping out at her with masks on and she didn't know why people kept reaching for her pumpkin basket. A few times as people would reach toward her to put candy in her basket, she would pull it away saying, "noooo," all bratty like they were attacking her. She kept saying "I scared" all night long. By the end of the street, Stephan was carrying her to each of the houses because she didn't want to approach any more houses alone. Poor girl.
Ginger had a pretty mellow evening. She slept the whole time inside the sling while we walked through the neighborhood. She's such a chill baby, most of the time. Last night she slept for five hours, which I hope is a sign of more sleep to come.
16 comments:
Sounds a lot like Savanna's trick-or-treating experience. Maybe next year they'll really get it.
sounds like you guys had a fun night. Poor Penny, i think her being affraid runs in the family. I never liked trick or treating either. Penny looked so cute in her snow white costume. She is a real doll. Ginger is a cutie as well. I have the most adorable nieces ever.
We think Penny is hilarious! Love the outfit, love the story. Can't wait for Ginger to be a little more interesting instead of just cute
Hey! Cute blog! I was excited to see that you had another baby. I distinctly remember the few moments before Penny was born when you swore you were never doing that again! I guess the Lord blessed you with the gift of forgetfullness! Congratulations, she's beautiful! Where in California do you live?
I'm so glad you guys came over. We sure love having you close. Hopefully you won't get sick of us! Too bad Penny got so scared. It's a little traumatic!
I loved the sling, and I think with two babies it'd be even more wonderful!
She is a darling Snow White!
Penny kills me! The last picture is my favorite. Her facial expression is cute and I think her hair even looks cute in that one, too-but I would have loved to see her in a wig!
What cute girls! Sounds like Halloween was still fun even with the misunderstandings. :) Next year she will get it. :)
ok, I know I keep saying this over and over, but I seriously think Penny is so stinkin' cute!
It's awesome that she was overprotective of her basket. Awesome. I don't know what Nate would have done, because we're LAME-O parents and didn't take him trick-or-treating this year, but he probably would have done something similar, I bet.
But what a fun Halloween costume! She can totally play dress up with it now!
You totally should get her a really dark wig just to see what she would look like with your hair Marnie. Then you could have said that she dressed up like her mom for Halloween. That would be so so awesome. Maybe I will remember that for when I have kids. You know, forced hero-worship of the parentals. Maybe not.
"I scared" is a common phrase in my household too. Geez, you make having two little ones look completely doable. Which is good, because I'm needing this positive reinforcement right about now.
Hey! I just got your blog from Rachel T. I haven't heard from you since you moved or seen your baby's pics!!! It's good to hear about you guys and know your doing well!
I totally agree with Amy. What a great idea.
Penny is such a cute Snow White.
Hey, Marnie. I saw your blog on Rebecca Score's and thought I'd drop you a line. Congrats on baby #2. You've got courage that I so far have lacked :) Ginger is such a cute name. As is Penny. Looks like her hair is getting longer. Hope you are enjoying California.
Sarah Rhead
Marnie-just found your blog! Super cute photos of your girls! Love Penny as Snow White! What a doll!
Post a Comment